Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Rend Your Hearts and Not Your Clothing...

I was overcome this evening, the minute I left service tonight I found myself with uncontrollable tears  pouring down my cheeks.    I have no idea where they came from.  I pulled over half way home and sat with it.  Searching my mind and recent history for the catalyst but silence was all there was. I turned my car toward home and just let the tears flow.   As I exited my car I was  buffeted by this relentless wind.   I hate the wind.  Out of all weather experiences wind is my least favorite.  I stopped dead in my tracks in the middle of the parking lot though when I realized that my tears that were still falling were being splayed across my face.  The coolness was so refreshing and I stood there with my face to the wind until my face was completely dry and fresh.   The tears were gone and I have decided not to try to keep analyzing it.   It wasn't a bad experience, confusing, yes. But I suspect it was a gift. A private blessing.

This post does not resemble what I had in mind when I started my day.  Perhaps I need to just let things happen this season of Lent.  Control has always been a problem for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment