Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Shiny Things and Unfinished Business

It has been a year since I opened this journal.   I didn't even finish with a post on Easter.   Distraction was right there waiting for me and poof, I was gone.   I am saddened by this because last year's experience was, I am convinced, divinely inspired and custom fit for me.   Lent was the most spiritually active time I had last year.   I remember, as I now click through the journey, just how much growth happened.  But I am longing for the full disclosure of self that I neglected to write down for myself for future reference.  For right now.  I need to remember in words the feelings I had and I didn't and more than ever I wish I had.

So on this,  Ash Wednesday,  my second journey into Lent,  I am hopeful  that I recover old insights that I have been too busy to think about.  I am hopeful that I receive new insights and blessings.

My prayer:   Loving God,  help me still the fear I have allowed to creep back into my life.   Help me find whatever it is waiting for me and help me remember Your Grace is with me always.   -amen-


No comments:

Post a Comment